High Risk Merchant Accounts
Businesses that are considered high risk endure a strenuous rigmarole finding the right or any processing company. Many merchants may not instantly recognize that their business is considered high risk and apply to the wrong processors repeatedly. This can discourage business owners and lead to desperate decisions. Given the nature of these kind of businesses, many high risk processors take advantage of merchants by offering contracts with outrageous pricing, extra fees and sketchy services.
eMerchantBroker recognizes that eCommerce sites need a reliable processor to back each of their transactions, even if they are saddled with bad credit. The Company is an account provider for clients within a variety of fields, including; Ecig Merchants, Adult Merchants, Gaming, Nutraceutical, Airlines and Jet Charters, Bail Bonds, Collection Agency, Cigars and Pipes, Electronics and many others. Merchants within these industries are often limited in their payment processing options, but eMerchantBroker offers a full-service that specifically meets their needs.
eMerchantBroker has identified the following businesses as their target market, as well as some others that are not listed.
- Adult Products (DVD’s, Toys, etc)
- Adult Services (Escort, Web Cam, Dating Sites, Advertising)
- Adult Storefront
- Airline Operator
- Animal Products & Services
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Auctions (Bidding Fee Auction, Penny Auction)
- Automobile (Dealers & Parts)
- Bar & Restaurant
- Business Investment Opportunity (Biz Op)
- Canada App Stub
- Cash Advance Stub
- Coin & Stamp
- Collection Agencies
- Contractors (Plumbers, Flooring, Roofing etc)
- Cosmetics (Beauty, Salon, Massage, etc…)
- Credit Repair
- Debt Consolidation
- Detective (Private Investigation Service)
- Digital Downloads (E-books & Anti Virus)
- Discount Buying Clubs (Coupons, Discounted Insurance, Electronics, etc)
- Educational (Training & Coaching)
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Financial Services (Brokers, Insurance, Warranties, Tax Resolution, etc)
- Fire Arms & Fire Arm Accessories
- Fortune Tellers
- Fulfillment Centers (3rd party)
- Gambling (casinos, lottery, fantasy sports betting)
- Green App Stub
- Health Care Related Services (Medical Facilities, Medical Supplies & Services)
- Hosting Services & ISP Services
- Identity Theft Protection
- Import/Export Companies
- Information Retrieval Services
- Legal Services
- Marijuana (Medical, Recreational, Dispensaries, MMJ)
- Marketing (SEO & SEM & Affiliate)
- Money Transfer Services
- Moving Companies
- Pest Control
- Pre-Paid Cards & Calling Cards
- Real Estate Services
- Short Term Loans (Payday Loans & Title Loans)
- Smoke Shop (head shop, water pipes, hookah) –Tobacco and Related Accessories
- Software (customized development)
- Supplements (diet plans, exercise)
- Taxicabs and Limousines
- Tech Support (USA based)
- Towing Services
- Travel (Timeshare Related, Tickets, Cruise, Tours, etc)
- Trial Offer
- Web Development
eMerchantBroker operates in varying ways to meet consumer demand:
- POS Retail
- Chargeback Protection
eMerchantBroker offers eCommerce accounts to merchants and works with clients to offer a higher service level. eMerchantBroker also offers the following PCI compliant gateway services to their merchants:
- Virtual Terminal
- Recurring Billing
- POS Systems
- Tech Support
- Shopping Carts
- Multiple merchant accounts
The Company advertises iCheck, an instant electronic check processing service that boasts fewer restrictions than ACH. This service claims the following;
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Acceptance at Point of Sale
- All check types
- No ACH restrictions
- No consumer notification or receipt required
- No check writer authorization requirement
- Funding guaranteed for transactions
- Free online monitoring
- Electronic depositing
Alongside their online and phone services, paper checks are also accepted by eMerchantBroker, with the following features;
- Verification at Point of Sale
- Screening through multiple databases
- Fraud alert
Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO)
This service is offered by eMerchantBroker to merchants who need to take advantage of a processing by phone. This service is suggested to utility services such as water, power, phone, and cable, insurance companies, and call centers such as sales, customer service and bill payment centers.
eMerchantBroker works to protect its merchants from unknown chargebacks, which occur when a customer has a dispute with his or her bank or credit company. Chargebacks take huge amounts of money from merchants every year, but rarely do merchants have a say in the dispute process. eMerchantBroker provides a service designed to inform and protect merchants from these huge losses of capital. The following from eMerchantBroker helps merchants fight back against unfair losses to their business.
- A partnership with Verifi and their new Cardholder Dispute Resolution Network
- A partnership with Ethoca
The only fraud protection mentioned by eMerchantBroker is the verification process for paper checks, where the information is passed through multiple systems in order to alert the clerk of fraud.
eMerchantBroker does not advertise any rates or fees, other than a starting fee of 2.99% and a claim that filling out an application is free of charge. This is because each high risk merchant is different and requires a completely unique contract and with specialized rates and fees. No complaints have been found about the rates and fees.
Agents with eMerchantBroker are professional and appear to operate honestly and efficiently. Agents are hired independently, but no complaints have been filed against them regarding inaccuracy of contracts or services.
Like their rates and fees, the Company does not advertise contract terms. This is in order to tailor each contract to individual merchant accounts.
Customer Service and Technical Support
eMerchantBroker’s customer service and technical support are unmarked by negativity in any capacity.
There are no reviews posted on the BBB website, positive or negative. The only reliable customer review is from Yelp, and was posted with 5 stars.
“These guys helped my supposedly “high risk” business get a merchant account. I had been declined 5 TIMES!!! I had given up, but a friend that runs an adult website mentioned these guys and said I should give them a try.
They got me processing 4 days later.
I would not be running my online business if it was not for this company.
BBB has no currently listed complaints for eMerchantBroker, and only 2 were posted and closed since being accredited with BBB. No other reliable complaints could be found against the Company.
eMerchantBroker appears to be a reliable, focused e-business payment processor. Keeping in mind the Company’s fair business practices, welcoming attitude to high risk merchants and merchants with bad credit, and lack of complaints, eMerchantBroker is a quality company that works to service organizations that might not otherwise have a chance to succeed. Their partnerships to ensure merchants are knowledgeable about chargebacks are innovative and practical in this increasing global economy.
With an experienced sales team, knowledgeable customer service, and well-trained technical services, eMerchantBroker is a good choice for high risk merchants. Call them today!