E-commerce is already a massive sector for consumers and entrepreneurs and it’s only going to expand as consumers become more comfortable with transactions from their mobile devices, desktops and laptops. As more and more E-commerce sites are gaining staying ground on the web, here are some trends and pointers to help you stay competitive.
Mobile commerce is flourishing and by the end of 2015, mobile transactions will reach a whopping 33% in the U.S. and 40% globally. Optimize your site for mobile as it becomes the norm with each passing day. There really is no limit to the growth in this sector and you don’t want to be left behind or lose customers to competitors with technology moving so quickly. Experts prefer the all-in-one responsive site that displays content for both mobile and browser types. FYI, Google and Bing prefer them as well. To learn more about how mobile transactions can help, visit: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/231832
Shoppers and Consumers Run the Show
Dependability, promptness and now being added is price protection, free shipping and cash back programs. Some E-commerce merchants have figured this out and are staying on top with the race to get consumers engaged and ultimately staying on their site. We recommend you do everything you can in this competitive field to woo your customers into loyal returning customers. Google has an e-book that says “Your goal is to develop a great customer experience by giving the customer what they want: simplicity, service and the ability to accomplish their goals without hassle”.
Stand Out Amongst the Masses
- With over 100 million E-commerce sites on the web and 1.5 trillion being spent annually, here are some tips to stand out amongst your competition:
- Post testimonials or even case studies on your website.
- If you have a brick and mortar location, let them know as they may prefer to pick up their purchase at the store or even order online and pick up at your location. Clearly let consumers know where they can find tangible goods and products with a store locator.
- Mention any awards or honors your company has received in a noticeable section of your site.
- Don’t forget to mention special pricing for products and shipping and make very visible on your home page.
- One way to get ahead of your competition is to offer a loyalty or incentive program as it could become a powerful reason for your shoppers to turn into customers. Most businesses think this is only for retail but oh how the landscape has changed.
E-tail Free Return Shipping
We all know there are returns when e-tailing and many customers are feeling scorned. Consumers are still paying the brunt of returns and most of the time they really don’t understand that they are responsible for return shipping. Experts believe that the next big thing in E-commerce is return shipping. Retailers will need to address this with either flat rate shipping, free return shipping or at the very least make it abundantly clear to consumers so they don’t feel scorned.
E-commerce Merchant Account
After completing extensive research BCR, or BestofCategoryReviews.com has narrowed down some of the best E-commerce merchant service providers available and invites you to read reviews, visit sites, get quotes and get satisfied.
Many of the providers are offering interchange pricing, no contract or cancel fees with verifiable reviews and testimonials. Some E-commerce merchants will be classified high risk by industry standards and BCR has a complete list of high risk service providers ready to help so if you haven’t visited this site yet, you really owe it to yourself to dive in so you can make an intelligent decision for your merchant account.